Tuesday, May 3, 2011

13.1

Sunday I participated in the longest run of my life so far and under some of the worst possible conditions imaginable. I will say this, I know God hears us when we speak. I had said a few weeks ago that I would rather run in the rain than the heat any day. Well, I got my chance to run in the rain - 13.1 miles in the rain, wind, and cold. Running buddy and I made it the entire way soaking wet and freezing with no walking. I couldn't feel my legs by the end of our race and when we sprinted to the finish line I remember thinking, "I can't tell how fast I'm going...I hope I don't fall down". It was an amazing feeling to finish something as challenging as that race. I was so proud of us. It was so tempting to not run, but I'm so glad we did. Being freezing and soaked made me all the more thankful for the hot shower and Mexican food lunch afterwards. Thank you, God, for giving us the courage and strength to finish. With God all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment