"I run because it's so symbolic of life. You have to drive yourself to overcome the obstacles. You might feel that you can't. But then you find your inner strength, and realize you're capable of so much more than you thought." --Arthur Blank
Friday, January 14, 2011
A Little Encouragement
Last night I ran with my running buddy and it was a great run. She is a great encourager and it made a lot of difference. Hearing words like "great job" or "we are half way done, you can do it" made me want to run harder. She is a Dentist, I told her she had great "bedside manner" at which we both laughed. We ran at night and it was cold, but running with someone made me push harder to finish. I kept thinking, "my legs are so sore, but I can't stop because she is still running!" I did become a fan of hand warmers last night! We ran a mile and made it in about 15 minutes. We also picked our first race...its a 5k on March 20th.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment