"I run because it's so symbolic of life. You have to drive yourself to overcome the obstacles. You might feel that you can't. But then you find your inner strength, and realize you're capable of so much more than you thought." --Arthur Blank
Sunday, March 20, 2011
5K All the Way
Awesome, Breathtaking, Cool, Daunting, Energizing, Fascinating, Goal Achieving, Hard, Inspiring...all of these are words that describe the race today. It was an experience unlike anything thing I have ever done before. So many people were there cheering us on as we ran and it made me think about heaven. The Bible tells us that we are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses and I believe they are cheering us on as we run through the race of life. Today as we were running up the last hill there was a lady standing at the top screaming and cheering us on saying, "This is your last hill, finish strong." Just as I got over the hill I could see the finish line and even though I was so tired and wanted desperately to walk I kept running. As the runners came to the stadium for their last quarter mile there were people everywhere cheering and yelling for us. I noticed that even though I didn't know any of them I still wanted to run fast and harder. There was nothing quite as sweet as crossing the finish line knowing I had run as fast and hard as I possibly could. My team mates did awesome too. I am so proud of them and all the hard work they have done. I couldn't ask for better running mates. I finished the race in 31.5 minutes. Given the wind and hills, I feel that is a pretty good time. However, there is always room for improvement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment