Saturday night as I was driving past the neighborhood where I run a cougar walked across the street in front of my car. I was so stunned. I have heard them before, but have never seen them in the wild. It was huge and he was not afraid of my car. He pretty much took his time walking across the street. The last few nights I have been on point while we were running. I like to have a plan in case of emergencies, but I really don't know what I would do if we came face to face with the mountain lion. Last night as we were running we passed a house and heard a loud noise. All 3 of us jumped (we are a little edgy now). It turned out to be someone wheeling their trash out to the curb. Someone told us we should carry wasp spray because it shoots farther than mace. However, I would prefer not to see him again. We completed our runs faster than usual this week. I think the cougar gave us a little motivation and an adrenaline rush. Our distances so far this week were 4 miles on Sunday and 3.5 on Tuesday. Tonight we have a 2.5 miles run and then a 5 mile run this weekend. We also throw a little cross training in there just to keep it interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment